We offer great shuttle deals to many mountain biking and tramping tracks around the area. The tracks are full of history and you will be amazed at the beauty of our native bush, and breath-taking scenery.
Ruapehu is becoming well known for its awesome rides, which are suitable for beginners and experienced riders alike.
if you do not have your own bike, we can organize bike hire for you starting from $30.00 half day. We currently hire out Specialized Pitch Hardtail bikes – and will soon be renting out Full Suspension bikes too – Watch this space !!
The Mangapurua is our specialty track. We have tramped, camped in and hunted in this area for years, and have biked it a few times too. During Summer Ben walks in to the Bridge to Nowhere pretty much daily in his job as a jet boat driver for the Bridge to Nowhere Jet boat tours, so we know the track better than anyone else.
We work closely with Bridge to Nowhere Jet Boat Tours and can organize shuttles to the awesome Mangapurua (Bridge to Nowhere) Track, where you can ride to the river, be picked up by jet boat and taken to Pipiriki. In Pipiriki you will be met by our shuttle driver and returned to Raetihi.
The Mangapurua (Bridge to Nowhere) is also an amazing part of New Zealand History, and the views will take your breath away. The ride can take anywhere between 4 and 6 hours, with plenty of stops for snacks, and photos. Take the weekend away and book with us at our Holiday Park or Holiday home.
If you would like to tramp to the Whanganui River from either Matemateonga, or Mangapurua (Bridge to Nowhere) we can organize for a canoe or jet boat to be waiting for you. We will then shuttle you back to your car at Raetihi.
We can also shuttle you to other tracks that do not involve the river. Our base at the Raetihi Holiday Park is an excellent place for you to stay while enjoying the walks our region has to offer.
We have two shuttles, Both Toyota Hiaces, and can fit between 9 and 11 passengers each.
We can also arrange shuttles from our base to the Tongariro Crossing, they depart in Summer at 7am.
For prices, please contact us.
• Leave your car at the Raetihi Holiday Park, board our shuttle bus which will take you and your bike down through the Ruatiti Valley to the start of your bike ride. Make sure you bring a packed lunch, as there are plenty of beautiful spots for you to stop along the way.
• At the end of your ride meet our jet boat at the Mangapurua (Bridge to Nowhere) Landing and we will jet you back the 30km to Pipiriki.
• Meet the shuttle to take you back up to Raetihi and your cars.
• Leaving your car safely parked at the Raetihi Holiday Park ride the 40km back country roads down to the start of the track. Make sure you bring a packed lunch as there are plenty of beautiful spots for you to stop along the way.
• At the end of the track meet the jet boat at the Mangapurua (Bridge to Nowhere) Landing and we will take you the rest of the way down river to Pipiriki.
• Meet the bus to take you back up to Raetihi and your cars.
including bike hire and shuttle
minimum numbers may apply
The Fishers track is a quick downhill ride through farmland- from National Park down towards Retaruke. The track is easy to follow, with a few quick twists and turns and beautiful views of the surrounding National Park and the Retaruke Valley.
• Leave your car at the Raetihi Holiday Park, board our shuttle bus which will take you and your bike to National Park to the start of your bike ride.
• You will meet the shuttle at the end of the track on the intersection of Oio Road and Retaruke Road, at the Old Monument to take you back to Raetihi
The old coach Road is an enjoyable ride steeped with New Zealand history. The track had been completely forgotten until recently. After plenty of research, historians have found why the road was there. After years of hard work the road has been reopened for all to enjoy. As you cycle the track you will come across interactive activities, and information sites which help to fill you in on the recently discovered history.
• Leave your car at the Raetihi Holiday Park, board our shuttle bus which will take you and your bike to Horopito to the start of your bike ride.
• You will meet the shuttle at the end of the track in Ohakune to take you back to Raetihi
Please be sure to read our Terms and Conditions before making a booking.