WHANGANUI RIVER CANOES: RESPONSIBLE TOURISM STATEMENT
WHANGANUI RIVER CANOES IS SO LUCKY OPERATE IN WHAT WE THINK IS NZ’S MOST BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL PARK.
WE KNOW THAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE WITH US TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND APPRECIATE ALL THAT NZ HAS TO OFFER. THE RAETIHI HOLIDAY PARK WHERE WE ARE BASED IS LUCKY TO BE HOME TO A RARE NATIVE PLANT, AND IN SUMMER THE NATIVE FALCON LIKES TO SWOOP PAST AND SAY HELLO. WE WANT TO PROTECT THESE TREASURES, AND THE OTHERS AROUND US.
HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS WE DO:
Our team’s goal is to recycle as much as possible, we have a recycling station at the Park and when we take rubbish our staff will actively sort through and recycle
• Where possible we have replaced lighting with energy efficient bulbs
• We are replacing oil heaters in units with econo heaters which are a much more energy efficient way to heat.
• We order in bulk and try to source products locally where possible
• We use environmentally friendly cleaning products when possible
• We purchase newer vehicles to ensure they are more fuel efficient
• We regularly maintain and service our vehicles to ensure they are running efficiently
• We recycle milk bottles and use them as bailers
• Old towels are recycled as cleaning towels
• We continually review & adapt our practices
• We work together with other canoe companies to save fuel, if we each only have a small group, we actively work together and shuttle customers together, rather than have multiple vans driving with only two customers in each.
WE SEEK YOUR CO-OPERATION TOO, HERE'S A FEW THINGS OUR GUESTS CAN DO TO HELP:
• Recycling - you will find recycling depots around our Park, we ask that you please recycle and separate your rubbish.
• Switch off your lights, heaters and appliances when you leave your room
• Recycle our brochures - hand them back to reception and we will reuse them
• If it's a sunny day, why not hang your washing on our lines? Pegs are provided on the washing line if needed.